Welcome to The Mission to be Chi-town’s finest! We were inspired to create the blog by our San Francisco counterparts (another dynamic duo!), and although we aren’t on any mesozoic-era-type diets, we hope to entertain our audience with posts about how we’re adjusting to life in Chicago, all the while keeping the Bay Area close to our hearts.
Having moved to Chicago in September of 2010, we have several months to catch you all up on, and quickly. So… enjoy the whirlwind photo tour of the first four months! (See captions after the photos)
1. Moved into Lake Shore Drive apartment! View from the rooftop deck.
2. Another view from the rooftop – we are located right smack in the middle of two of the finest beaches in town. Perfect for enjoying real summer weather, hehe.
3. Guinness Oyster Fest! Great music, too.
4. Wrigley Field… to watch the SF Giants beat the Cubs, of course. Fear the Beard!
5. Fall in the Midwest… time for a corn maze!
6. A couple of fall photos from our neighborhood.
7. Chicago is nuts about fireworks. They go off twice a week on Navy Pier and we have a perfect view from our rooftop patio!
8. House of Blues to see UB40, ha! Red, red wiiiine…
9. Aaron & Shelly sent us on a date to the Planetarium. In this photo, Kelly is learning about astronomy.
10. Halloween in Chicago! Orange fountains, a crazed Giants fan and a Chicago tourist… funny because it’s true.
11. Road trip to Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Turned out to be a great city. We toured Lakefront Brewery, a killer brew tour.
12. Milwaukee Art Museum. Really impressive, inside and out.
13. Holidays are here! The Magnificent Mile is bright with Christmas lights.
14. The first snowfall of winter, early December.
15. Our apartment building threw us a hyped-up holiday party advertising open bar, dinner, and live music… Then they told us it was going to be held in the parking garage.
16. So many Germans here! Christkindl Market and tree… we stuffed ourselves on gluhwein, brats, and potato cakes. YUM.
17. Cooked ourselves a fancy dinner on New Years Eve. Kris made lamb osso bucco that was amazingly delicious.
18. New Years Eve party with our good friend Jessica from SF! So fun.
19. Chicago Museum of Science & Industry. From what I’ve seen, the Midwest has some superior museums.
20. We toured a real u-boat that was captured in WWII. Not for the claustrophobic.
21. Chicago Shakespeare Theater to see As You Like It. The stage design was very cool.